HOW TO EXPLORE INDIA?
Travel to the end of the world, and you still won’t find a place quite like India.
It is a colossally diverse country, an entire universe in fact, that continues to amaze and perplex travelers even after 250,000 years of its existence. Among the list of things people still don’t know about India is the fact that this country can be explored in more than one way. In this blog, we will be sharing with you some popular ways in which you can explore India. So without any further ado, let’s begin! Do you have India travel on your future bucket list? Then, why don’t you request a quote right now to get the best deals? Don’t believe us? Let the quotes do the talking. Request a quote now!
Explore India: Forts And Palaces
What can be more daydream-worthy than images of lofty forts and pristine palaces? Structures made of stone that have seen it all – the good, the bad, and even the ravages of time. Due to this they became the testament of the bygone, the most graphic way of storytelling.
Do you have an appetite for such things? Then, you should explore India by virtue of forts and palaces. If you do, you’ve hit the jackpot. That’s because this country has a fortune when it comes to such edifices. However, what many don’t know is that Rajasthan is not the only state that boasts of these masterpieces. Moreover, multiple regions in India have a bountiful of these structures.
Here are some handpicked destinations that are blessed with these masterpieces:
1. Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur
2. Hawa Mahal, Jaipur
3. Amber Fort, Jaipur
5. Jaswant Thada, Jodhpur
6. Junagarh Fort, Bikaner
7. Jaisalmer Fort, Jaisalmer
8. Udaipur City Palace, Udaipur
- Red Fort
- Agra Fort, Agra Fatehpur Sikri
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Gwalior Fort. Gwalior
- Mysore Palace, Mysore
- Chitradurga Fort
Telangana/ Andra Pradesh
- Golconda Fort, Hyderabad
- Warangal Fort, Warangal
- Kangra Fort, Kangra
Explore India: Wildlife
Roars, Chirps, And Heartbeats!
Is your travel calling uniquely dominated by natural forces? And, does your browsing history scream “I Love Animals!”?
So, why haven’t you considered taking a ripping jungle safari in India yet?
Why is it worth your time and money, you ask?
Well, for starters, India prides itself on 500 Wildlife Sanctuaries, 120 National Parks, and 18 Bio-reserves. It is also a mega-diverse country with 3 out of the total 34 biodiversity hotspots in the world.
In addition to that, this country has a varied topography, inhabiting a wide variety of flora and fauna. This range is perfect for every type of wildlife escapade.
National Parks For Tiger Lovers:
1. Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
2. Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
3. Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
4. Pench National Park, Madhya Pradesh
5. Sundarban National Park, West Bengal
6. Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
7. Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh
Some Other Offbeat Wildlife Adventures:
1. Bird watching on the backseat of a rickshaw in Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Rajasthan.
2. Coming face to face with a one-horned rhino at Kaziranga National Park, Assam.
3. Greeting the Asiatic Lions at Gir National Park, Gujarat.
4. Trekking with Snow Leopards and Tibetan Wolves at Hemis National Park, Ladakh
Are you craving for more information? Check out our blog on the top wildlife havens to visit in India.
Explore India: Beaches
Eat, Tan, And Repeat!
Beaches are the best place to kick back and relax. Lucky for you, India has a coastline that’s 7500 km long.
Surprise… Surprise! Goa isn’t the only beach destination in India.No shade on Goa, it is still drop-dead gorgeous. However, many other places are as amazing and beat the crowd that you may face in Goa. There is, in fact, a wide pool or say sea of options to choose from when it comes to finding a beach getaway. Are you looking for a beach destination solely for the feels? Or do you fancy intense watersports or underwater escapades? Whatever your desires are, there will always be a destination in India that will tick all the right boxes for you.
Here Are The Beaches We Think You Should Definitely Be Looking Out For:
Best Beaches In Goa:
1. Cola Beach, Goa
2. Benaulim Beach, Goa
3. Palolem Beach, Goa
4. Baga Beach, Goa
If You Want A Blasting Beach Holiday At A Place Other Than Goa1. Cola Beach, Goa2. Benaulim Beach, Goa3. Palolem Beach, Goa4. Baga Beach, Goa
For A More Serene Beach Holiday1. Gokarna, Karnataka2. Malpe Beach, Karnataka3. Marari, Kerala4. Kovalam, Kerala5. Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu6. Puri, Odisha7. Talasari Beach, Odisha8. Agatti Island, Lakshadweep9. Kalapathar Beach, Andaman And Nicobar Islands
Explore India: Off The Beaten Track
Taking The Road Less Travelled!
India is infinite in terms of variety. Even for those people who prefer to travel the off-the-beaten track.
Believe us, many places defeat the ordinary in India.
Plus, the list is so far-fetched that this travel genre has now become a prominent sub-niche of traveling here.
These adventures let you freely explore the extremes of the country. Even if they are uncanny, eerie, and bizarre.
Here Are Some Of The Best Off-Beat Experiences In India:1. Learning The Art Of Primitive Living In Villages Of Rusirani And Bishnoi.2. Renting A Boutique Resort Or A Castle In Jawai To See Leopards That Roam Freely In A Human Establishment.3. Seeing The World’s Largest Open Art Fresco Gallery In Mandawa, Rajasthan.4. Taking Kalaripayattu ( Mother Of All Martial Arts) Classes In Kochi, Kerala.5. Learn A Rajasthani Art Form At Chandelao Garh.6. Bouldering In Hampi, Karnataka.7. Trekking To The Skeleton Lake In Roopkund, Uttarakhand.8. Visiting The Haunted Sites Of Rajasthan And India.
Interested in such experiences? Explore more on it with our road less traveled section.
Explore India: Temples
Prayer Bell And Peace Outs!
Imagine, seeing the zenith of devotion amid architecture that’s second to none. Well, that’s spiritual travel in India you!
Despite the incursion of other religions, India is still a country of temples and shrines.
And, it is in these temples, the architecture, the traditions, or in short the art of India shined.
If you sign up for the temple trail, you’ll be exploring an India that is festooned by old-world charm and is upheld by century-old traditions.
However, all the shades of this theme will be quite contrary to one another.
So, if you wish to see ancient temples that are over-the-top in terms of architecture, you’ll have to go down south.
If you have Varanasi Ghats and the door to Heaven ( Haridwar) on your bucket list, then, North India should be your priority.
And, if you can’t decide and have no idea what we are talking about, read our blog temples in India.
To give you a head start here are the top destinations you should add to your temple trail:
North India:1. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh2. Mathura, Uttar Pradesh3. Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh4. Haridwar, Uttarakhand5. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand6. Badrinath, Uttarakhand7. Kedarnath, Uttarakhand8.Golden Temple Punjab9. Ranakpur Jain Temple, Rajasthan
South India:1. Brihadeeswara Temple, Tamil Nadu2.Meenakshi Amman Temple, Tamil Nadu3. Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu4.Ramanathaswamy Temple, Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu5. Konark Sun Temple, Odisha6. Lingraj Temple, Odisha7. Siddhivinayak Temple, Maharashtra.
And the list goes on, you can read about these temples in detail here.
Explore India: Food
Food For The Soul!
Is food your “happy place”? Then, you should definitely try to explore India by this virtue.
Let us tell you why. One, India boasts of a long list of delicacies, with each state flaunting its cuisines.
Two, Indians are very passionate about food. So, they put their heart and soul in whatever they make.
Three, food is one of the biggest parts of Indian Heritage. It changed and adapted with its many rulers. It is a concoction of different cultures and spices, making it the rarest of the rare.
So, if you are on board with the idea of exploring India for food, here’s the list of food capitals you should visit if you are a true gastronome:
1. Delhi: For street food, chat, chole bhature, and cheapest food joints.
2. Hyderabad: For Nizami food, finger-licking Dum Biryani, Haleem and Keema Samosa ( Meat Pastry)
3 Goa: For Goan Feni ( a drink), Fish Curry, Vindaloo, and Goan Sausages.
4. Lucknow: For Mughalai Food including Biryani, Boti, Shami, and Kakori.
5. Kolkata and Ahmedabad for their mouth-watering desserts.
6. Coorg for their coconut preparations, Coorgi pandi curry (pork in a spicy tamarind flavored sauce) with kadambuttu(steamed rice balls)
7. Cochin for their very unique food culture and fish delicacies.
We can feel your hunger through the screen. That’s the beauty of it!
Explore India: Ayurveda And Yoga Retreats
Align Your Chakras!
Learn Yoga and Ayurveda at its birthplace in your pursuit to explore India.
Acquire knowledge from present-day gurus and learn the art and science of ancient living to revamp your lives.
But why choose India as your Yoga retreat?
Check! Finding a yoga retreat on the peaceful backwaters of Alleppey?
Learning Yoga and Ayurveda in India means even learning the deeply authentic interpretations of this ancient practice.
Also, in a country where Yoga and Ayurveda retreats are in bounty, finding something that fits right for you is not that difficult.
Want a retreat next to the Holy River Ganges? You got it! Want to practice Yoga on a beach?
Check! Finding a yoga retreat on the peaceful backwaters of Alleppey?
You have it! Whether it is a course in a soulful ashram or a practice in a Luxury Yogic Oasis, just name the experience you want for your next yoga venture and India will serve it to you.
So, without any further ado let’s talk about the Indian Yoga hotspots.
1. Rishikesh: Practising yoga in the cradle of the Himalayas on the bank of the Ganges.
2. Hampi: Brushing your asanas amid the many boulders of Hampi.
3. Udaipur: Finding your zen at the lake city of Rajasthan.
4. Varanasi: finessing your postures in the spiritual capital of India.
5. Goa: Finding peace in crashing waves and swaying palms
6. Kerala: learning the art of living in God’s own land, amid the lush greenery of Kerala.
Learn more about the top yoga retreats here.
Explore India: Famous Hill Stations
The Melting Pot Of Serenity And Greenery
Are you a hillbilly at heart? So, you do fancy serene dwellings? Do you prefer waking up to cold breezes to the summer sun? Then, you should visit India for its hill stations.
India is dotted with a plethora of hill stations all different in terms of its mood and setting.
This variety is because of the highest mountain ranges in the world, the Himalayas, running north to east.
And, also because of the stunning Aravali and Vindhya ranges flanking the western and central parts of the country.
Some of these hill retreats save you from the scorching sun in the tropical parts of the country. While some of them accord you the sights of the Himalayas.
Hill Stations Blessed With Greenery:
5. Darjeeling, West Bengal
6. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
9. Matheran, Maharashtra
10. Wayanad, Kerala
11. Mount Abu, Rajasthan
Hill Stations With Lake/Lakes:
2. Nainital, Uttarakhand
3. Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Explore India: Landscapes
Beauty At Its Best
India is the king of landscapes. Period! Believe us there is no other country in the world that can remotely compete with India in this genre.
This country has deserts, mountains, tropical islands, rainforests, and whatnot. The best part is, there are multitudes of ways in which you can enjoy these landscapes.
Like, you can go on a camel safari in Thar, camp near the high altitude salt-lake Pangong, and even scuba dive in the turquoise blue waters of Andaman and Nicobar.
Plus, you can enjoy each of these experiences in a single trip too. Interested? Then, let us give you a head start by discussing the top experiences in these landscapes.
1. Exploring the lifestyle in the foothills of the Himalayas and trekking in the coniferous forests of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand.
2. Riding a three humped camel in Nubra Valley, the cold desert of Himachal Pradesh.
3. Camping under the stars in Swiss tents at Jaisalmer.
4. Collecting fossils in the white salt marsh Rann of Kutch (Gujarat).
5. Witnessing the living root bridge in the lush greenery of Meghalaya.
6. Floating on a houseboat at thebackwaters of Alleppey .
7. Exploring the largest biodiversity hotspot in Sunderbans.
And the list continues… you can read more about it on our blog onlandscapes of India.
However, if you are interested in booking a trip right away involving such landscapes. Request a quote now!
Explore India: Romantic Getaways
Do you want to sneak out of the routine with your better half to rekindle your romance?
From secluded beaches of Andaman and Nicobar to private boutique resorts of Rajasthan, there are numerous destinations in India you can visit to woo your significant other.
Here are some romantic experiences that we suggest:
1. Plan a date on the lake palace or fly over the “Venice of East” in a hot air balloon in Udaipur.
2. Watch the sunrise at the epitome of love Taj Mahal.
3. Wake up to the view of vineyards and enjoy the process of vine making with your partner in Nashik, Maharashtra.
4. Explore the extremes of eroticism and mysticism in the Kamasutra temple of Khajuraho.
5. Enjoy your titanic moment on a cruise ship in Goa.
6. Your better half is an adventure junkie. How about an adventure-filled holiday in the secluded boutique resort Rawla Narlai?
7. Cuddle-up and fall in love again in the pine forests of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Looking for experiences to plan your honeymoon or romantic stays in India? Read this and you’ll be sorted.
Explore India: Caves
Veiled by the blanket of earth and surrounded by eerie mysticism, caves in India have their separate following.
These caves speak volumes of the natural beauty that exists in this country and also of the artistic prowess that bloomed back in the days.
Being one of the most ancient civilizations on earth, the number of caves in this land is far more than in other countries.
And, they are graciously sprinkled over the whole subcontinent, giving you a glimpse of a variety of establishments.
If you are a history buff and want to travel India for its caves, then you should definitely give these places a visit.
1. Ajanta Ellora Caves, Maharashtra
2. Elephanta Caves, Maharashtra
3. Bhimbetka Caves, Madhya Pradesh
4. Bagh Caves, Madhya Pradesh
5. Badami Caves, Karnataka
6. Amarnath Cave, Jammu, and Kashmir
- 1. Bora Caves, Vishakhapatnam
- 2. Varaha Caves, Tamil Nadu
- 3. Dungeshwari Caves, Bihar
- 4. Tabo Caves, Himachal Pradesh
- 5. Patal Bhuvaneshwar Cave, Uttarakhand
Explore India: Buddhist Circuit
The Prospect Of Salvation And Nirvana
Does Buddhism intrigue you? Do you wish to trace the trajectory of Buddha’s life in your pursuit of truth? Then India’s Buddhist Circuitis what you should consider seeing.
Revolving around the life of Gautam Buddha, this circuit takes you to all the places where Buddhism prospered in the 19 century.
Moreover, on this trip, you’ll get to visit the birthplace, the places of miracle, and even where Buddha attained Nirvana. Some of these places are:
1. Lumbini: site of Buddha’s Birth. Also the spot of seven-step miracle.
2. Bodhgaya: the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment (nirvana) under the Bodhi Tree.
3. Sarnath: spot where Lord Buddha gave his very first sermon. It was here he established his disciplines (Sangha).
4. Kushinagar: The place where Lord Buddha left the mortal world.
5. Sravasti: The spot of the miracle of fire and ice by Lord Buddha.
6. Vaishali: the place where Buddha made a band of monkeys offers him honey and water.
7. Sankasiya: site of the flying miracle.
Read about the Buddhist Circuit in detail here.
Explore India: Adventure
Exploring India is an adventure in itself. We know that sounds like a cliche but believe us, it isn’t far from the truth.
And in this adventure-filled country, there are many opportunities to get that blood pumping loud enough to hear it passing through your veins.
India from the lenses of adventure looks like the ultimate playground. A place where all your adrenaline-packed desires are turned to reality.
Where adventure isn’t just confined to sports but equally means going full-on “Man Vs Wild”.
Don’t believe us? Look at these adventure experiences in India and decide yourself.
1. White water rafting in Rishikesh.
2. SUP, Surfing, Wake-boarding, and Kayaking in Goa.
3. Raiding the most dangerous road in the world on the Spiti Valley motorcycle tour.
4. Trekking a frozen lake in Ladakh.
5. Caving in Meghalaya.
6. Skiing in Gulmarg ( Jammu and Kashmir) and Auli.
7. Dune bashing in Jaisalmer.
8. Hot air ballooning over the Jaipur city.
9. Paragliding in Bir-Billing village of Himachal Pradesh.
Disappointed that the list ended too soon? Don’t worry, the list doesn’t end here, you can catch everything on it at our adventure section.
Explore India: Festivals
India is a country of dynamic culture and heritage with festivals being its heartbeat.
The influence of these festivals is such that they are celebrated all year long in this country.
If you agree to explore India for its festivals, you’ll be signing up for an amazing time and a forever smile to be plastered on your face.
So, celebrate life with the folks of India and see how surreal, amazing and uniquely astonishing are the celebrations here.
Henceforth, let’s see what it has in store for you.
1. Modhera Dance Festival, Gujarat
2. Pushkar Camel Fair, Rajasthan
3. Jaisalmer Desert Festival, Rajasthan
4. International Yoga Festival, Rishikesh
5. Boat Race Festival, Kerala
7. Elephanta Cave Festival, Maharashtra
1. Holi- the festival of colors
2. Diwali- the festival of light
3. Ganesh Chaturthi – Carnival of happiness
4. Onam – A Harvest Festival
5. Dussehra – 10 Days of traditional theatre
6. Kumbh Mela
Explore India: Heritage Sites
The Proud Assets Of India!
38 World Heritage Sites – some showcasing the history and some presenting testimony to the lush greenery and biodiversity of the state.
Whether you are a history enthusiast or a traveler in pursuit of exotic natural escapades, these world heritage sites in India won’t disappoint you.
From walls to temples, and even trees, you’ll explore anything and everything plastered with heritage under this domain. So, let’s have a look at the top World Heritage sites that you need to look out for
1. Agra Fort
2. Ajanta Caves
3. Ellora Caves
5. Keoladeo National Park
6. Kaziranga National Park
Hey, you made it to the very end. This means that you are definitely interested to explore India next. So, let us help you plan your perfect holiday at prices that fit your pocket.
Request a quote now and see your travel dreams coming to reality soon.